Sheridan Terrace Schoolwide Title 1 Plan
School Level Plan
Goal #1: Ensure that there is a system within the school that fully ensures school-wide use of data that is focused on school improvement and the academic growth of all students
Strategies: Early assessment, precise intervention, and continuous progress monitoring of students new to Sheridan Terrace
Description: PSSA data and teachers' anecdotal observations show that students who move into the school do not accomplish the PSSA at similarly strong levels as those who have had a consistent, monitored Sheridan Terrace education.
- Within one week of enrollment, new students will be assessed with the DIBELS reading and math benchmark tests.
- If students score below or well below benchmark, teacher will administer DRA.
- All assessment results will be copied for the principal and reading specialist.
- Using the DRA results, teachers will develop a reading intervention plan and submit it and progress monitoring tools to the principal.
- After 6 weeks, teachers will present students and updated data to an intervention committee for review and professional discussion of next steps.
Goal #2: Ensure that there is a system within the school that fully ensures a safe and supportive environment for all students.
Strategy #1: Weekly eBlasts
Description: Following a format that successfully engages families (as indicated by perception data) in a different school, the principal will send a weekly eBlast that highlights District and school events, provides information, and shares accomplishments.
- Identify an effective format for the weekly eBlast.
- Set deadlines and name persons responsible for the different sections of the eBlast.
- Encourage parent feedback on content, links, and organization.
- Include perception question(s) on the annual Title I survey.
- Follow-up each month at the PTA meeting with parents to gain insights.
Strategy #2: School Support for Home Learning
Description: Reading Specialists, teachers, principals, and parents will learn about Growth Mindset together during PAC meetings, weekly eBlasts, and a shared P.D. session.
Growth Mindset home learning
Description: Using the book 101 Ways to Create Real Family Engagement, this plan will utilize ideas in Domain 4 "School Support for Home Learning" to enhance our home-school connection.
- Idea #97: Every event as a takeaway for learning
- Bulletin boards and explicit teaching about how our brains work
- Scavenger hunt for parents during Open House on brain research
- Reminders about "not yet" posted in the school
- Staff buy-in with computer science lessons, rigorous projects, celebrations
- Teachers to use language conducive to growth mindedness
- Connection to STEAM Catalyst grant and its focus on persistence